Monday, November 4, 2013

Introduction to Myself

I am a 34 year old female, who has worked in the banking field for 12 years. I have put my career on hold, to be at home with my 2 year old daughter, but finances are still top of mind for me. Since I now have extra time on my hands, I have decided to start a blog about my experiences with finances, and share some stories along the way.  I am in no way an expert, I am NOT a certified Financial Planner. I do have years of banking experience that I can share. I will share my thoughts about finances, and they are only my thoughts, so do with them what you wish.

There are a few reasons I chose this topic:

A) I feel everyone needs some guidance when it comes to Finances.
B) I have my own experiences to share and those of my previous clients, whom I would never mention by name.
C) I am now living in Japan, and will be for the next 2-3 years. I met a fellow the other day that wants to improve his English, so he chose me out of thousands of candidates to help him with English. He told me, the reason he chose me is he really wants to work on his English and work on his finances at the same time. It really made me realize that finances really are important to everyone, no matter where you live.
D) People tend to think finances are only important if you have a lot of money. Well in my career in banking I treated my clients that had $100.00 in their account, the same way as I treated my clients with millions. Everyone needs guidance no matter where you come from, or how much you have.

In my blogs going forward, I plan to touch on budgeting, preparing for your children's education, buying property, retirement planning and much more. The clients I previously worked with consistently mentioned that I made them feel comfortable coming to a bank, a place which they use to hate. I am down to earth, honest, and like to keep things simple.

Again that said, I do not have a full financial license or degree, so will just share based on my experiences.

I hope you enjoy my blogs going forward, and will have my next one posted soon. I hope to post one a week, and will focus on different areas each week. I welcome suggestions on different topics that you would like to hear about.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment